Collection of small Unity Editor tools to make your work faster and life easier.
Tools running automatically on background:
- Warning signs shows potential problems in the Scene directly in Hierarchy window. Such as missing scripts, missing references, invalid button actions, multiple audio listeners and much more.
- Near integer snapping, no more object positions like 5.03429e-07 or 3.0000001.
- Automatically renaming GameObjects with default names with more sensible names. Add an image component and set sprite to "balloon.png" and this tool changes GameObject's name from default "GameObject" to "Image - balloon".
- Automatically starts from any wanted scene when pressing Play. And restores you previous work scenes back to editor after returning from play mode.
- Time scale presets to quickly change time scale when application is playing in editor. Also possible to force keeping certain timescale and option to pause application when any Hierarchy change happens.
- Text search to find UI texts or text meshes containing wanted text. Not from object names, but from actual text fields. Additional support for TextMeshPro text fields also.
- Find all the scripts that are referring to certain GameObject, another script or any component in Scene or prefab. This is also integrated to context menu in Hierarchy so it can be used without having this tool open.
- Layer display showing how many objects use certain layers and quickly find them. Also great for finding unused layers.
- Hiding GameObjects from Hierarchy, listing hidden GameObjects and bringing them back when needed.
- Display all cameras in Scene at once and see what each camera is showing. Easily copy Scene view camera's position to game camera, or move Scene view camera to any game camera's position.
- Change object's position, rotation or scale without moving, rotating or scaling any of their children.
- Showing visual information of transparency of 2D texture or sprite.
See the Unity Asset store page for full introduction and screenshots.
Where to get
Download from Unity Asset Store